When receiving equipment, it is important to ALWAYS INSPECT YOUR SHIPMENT BEFORE SIGNING FOR IT!!!
Take pictures... multiple images of the entire freight delivery, from multiple angles.
HeatTreatNow, LLC., cannot be held responsible for visibly damaged freight that has been signed for by the consignee (person, company receiving the freight or person acting on behalf of the consignee).
This is very important, please see below for more details...
What is the advantage of "Delivery Confirmation w/ Signature Required"?
Ground transport (UPS/FedEx) handles an enormous number of packages, as a result shipping damages can occur. To help protect our customers, HeatTreatNow.com REQUIRES that all equipment shipped via ground transport (FedEx/UPS) requires a delivery confirmation signature. (During the COVID-19 pandemic, drivers may choose to suspend this practice based on the severity of the outbreak in your area. We have no control over this practice.) A signature will be required when the package is delivered. A driver cannot simply leave the package unattended without a signature of acceptance.
This additional step has been added for your protection as delivery damage without a signature is extremely difficult to claim. Please contact us immediately with an alternate delivery address if this is not acceptable. **If no one is present after three (3) attempts for delivery, the kiln will be returned to the manufacturer, and YOU will need to pay for re-delivery. HeatTreatNow.com will not be responsible for those charges.
We promise... this little step will save a lot of headache and hassle for the future!
What if my shipment is damaged or something is missing?
All merchandise is closely inspected prior to shipping. Damage in transit is the responsibility of the carrier. So, please read the following information carefully -- it could save you a lot of hassle!
- When your freight shipment is received it is important that the shipment is inspected for visible damage BEFORE signing for the delivery. If the visible damage is noticed and is found to be unacceptable by you or your designated proxy, HeatTreatNow.com REQUIRES that the freight delivery must be refused and not signed for.
- If freight is refused (not signed for) the shipping company will not deliver it and must take it away. In this way, financial responsibility for the damaged freight does not become the responsibility of the customer. Please notify us so IMMEDIATELY, so that we can inform the manufacturer to expect the return shipment.
- If the customer does sign for visibly damaged freight during delivery, it is understood that the shipment is acceptable as delivered. The consignee (person to whom the freight is delivered) is entirely responsible for the costs of repairs, replacement, and any associated shipping costs.
- In the event that someone, other than the consignee; employees, contractors, spouses, friends or the business next door - accepts delivery and signs for the shipment, It doesn’t matter, once it’s signed and released, it’s signed.
- HeatTreatNow, LLC., as well as the equipment manufacturer, will not be held financially responsible for any visibly damaged freight that is signed for by the consignee or any agent of the consignee.
Equipment is generally shipped in double-wall, fiberboard containers that are strapped to a pallet. Visible damage includes (but is not limited to) container punctures, crushing, apparent re-packaging, pallet damage, and water damage.
- It’s possible that damage to the shipment is concealed without any noticeable damage to the shipping container. In this instance, the customer (consignee) must report any concealed damage to the freight company, HeatTreatNow.com, and the kiln manufacturer within a time period of 5 business days.
- It is also possible to receive freight that shows wear or damage to the shipping container without having damage to the unit itself. In this case, you may accept the freight as delivered while also noting the packaging damage on the delivery receipt at the time of delivery.
- Some freight companies will divide concealed damage financial responsibility as 1/3 to freight company, 1/3 to the shipper (manufacturer) and 1/3 to the customer (consignee). It is much better for you if images of the freight delivery are taken at the time of delivery, before signing. If concealed damage is claimed and the shipping container looks fine, you are in a much better position.
What happens if I need to go out of town prior to delivery?
If you become unavailable for delivery, please notify us via email prior to the shipment of your order so we can make the appropriate accommodations. If HeatTreatNow.com is NOT notified in writing prior to shipment, storage fees and/or return freight will become the responsibility of the customer. So, please read the following information carefully -- it could save you a lot of hassle and money!
Freight held in Carrier's possession (i) by reason of an act or an omission of the shipper, consignor, consignee, or owner or for customs clearance or inspection, or by order of a government authority, and through no fault of the Carrier, or (ii) when held by Carrier due to rejection by consignee or instruction from shipper based on damage, will be deemed to be "on-hand".
Freight will be deemed "on-hand" with or without notice. When freight is "on-hand", the legal liability of Carrier is altered from that of a motor carrier to that of a warehouseman pursuant to the Uniform Commercial Code. The procedures which Carrier agrees to and will take as a warehouseman involve the use of ordinary care to keep the lading in a safe or suitable place or to store the lading properly.
Storage costs for "on-hand" freight will be assessed as follows:
- Storage charges on freight awaiting line haul transportation will begin at 7:00 AM, the day of business after notice of arrival has been made.
- MINIMUM CHARGES: $20.00 per shipment per each 24 hours, but not less than $50.00 per shipment.