What do I do when I get my kiln?
- Equipment delivered via UPS/Fed Ex – Most small shipments under 75 lbs. will be delivered to your door. Additionally, they all have tracking numbers so, we will know the location of your package at all times and can estimate your delivery date. You will not be allowed to open the package, only to visually inspect the outer packaging. Have your phone camera ready to take pictures of any potential damage of the packaging.
- Equipment delivered via motor freight – We are aware that all small businesses are not equipped with a loading dock. HeatTreatNow.com units delivered via motor freight include a lift gate if needed at no extra charge! You can expect the driver to unload the kiln from the truck via lift gate and roll it via pallet jack to your designated loading area. Drivers will not come inside of your building unless you have PRE-ARRANGED and PAID FOR inside delivery. You will not be allowed to open the crating, only to visually inspect the outer packaging. Then, it becomes your responsibility to unpack and more closely inspect it once the driver leaves. When your item is delivered, please take multiple photos of the freight delivery, from multiple angles. When your shipment is received it is important that the shipment is inspected for visible damage BEFORE signing for the delivery. From our experience, you have approx. 15 minutes to inspect and sign the delivery receipt.
What if there is damage?
Equipment manufacturers’ package their unit so they will arrive undamaged, but sometimes bad luck visits and something could get damaged. In the unlikely event of this happening... you have the option of refusing delivery. If visible damage is noticed and is found to be unacceptable by you or your designated proxy, DO NOT ACCEPT the delivery and DO NOT SIGN for it... instead write “refused due to damages” on the delivery receipt. If the delivery is refused, the shipping company will not deliver it and must take it away. In this way, financial responsibility for the damaged shipment does not become your responsibility. If you decide to keep your shipment as is, with visible damages, please write a description of the damages on the delivery receipt. During the inspection, remember that HeatTreatNow.com and the manufacturer are NOT responsible for a shipment that is accepted with visible damages. Check the count of the items ordered, and note on the carrier's delivery receipt any shortages. Take pictures of all damaged areas and items.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or text (210 )446-9979 as soon as possible to let us know what is happening so we can get you a replacement quickly.
If any damage appears on outside of package, have the driver inspect the packages and note on the carrier's delivery receipt the damage. Make sure you see the driver do this and insist you get a copy of the notes. Take pictures of all damaged areas and items. IF THE DAMAGE IS SERIOUS OR EXTENSIVE DO NOT ACCEPT DELIVERY! Email email@example.com or text (210) 446-9979 as soon as possible to let us know what is happening so we can get you a replacement quickly.
THIS IS IMPORTANT!!
Immediately after delivery, open all cartons to determine if there is any concealed damage. Retain all damaged items with their packaging, Then QUICKLY call the carrier to report the damage and request an inspection within 24 hours. If a call is made later than 36 hours, the carrier can deny your claim. Make sure the damaged items have not been moved from the receiving area prior to discovery of the damage. Allow the inspector to inspect damaged items, cartons, inner packing materials and freight bill. Be sure to retain your delivery receipt, it will be required as supporting documentation when a claim is filed. Once the inspector has filled out the inspection report, read it carefully and make sure you agree with the report. Unless repairs will be completely satisfactory, be sure the inspector requests replacement on the inspection reports otherwise a new item cannot be ordered to replace what can be repaired. Continue to retain damaged merchandise even though the inspection has been completed. Damaged items cannot be used or disposed of without written permission from the carrier. Take pictures of all damaged areas and items. Do not return damage items to the shipper without written authorization from the supplier. If damage items are picked up by the carrier for salvage, secure the receipt.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or text (210) 446-9979 as soon as possible to let us know what is happening so we can get you a replacement quickly.
Documents Required for Filing a Freight Claim
- Your carrier's loss or damage claim form
- Shipper's original invoice or copy
- Original bill of lading
- Original paid freight bill
- Carrier's inspection report
- Repair invoice
- Pictures of all damaged areas and items.
It is the customer's responsibility (as consignee) to file any claim. HeatTreatNow.com is willing to assist you in collecting claims but this willingness does not make us responsible for collection of claims or replacement of materials damaged or lost. The staff at HEATTREATNOW.COM CANNOT MAKE FREIGHT CLAIMS FOR CUSTOMERS.